Friday, October 3, 2008

Gettysburg a pictoral tour


I thought I would share these pictures from the Gettysburg Military National Park.
I was taken by surprise at how this place made me feel as I stood there looking at this incredible peace of American History.
The reason for the surprise is that I am not a history buff.
My husband and I stopped for a brief visit a couple of months ago and because of the way this hallowed ground made us feel we commited to go back this time we spent 4 days in the area.
Standing on this ground preserved for us by a few insightful people at the time of the battle is a real blessing.
We owe a dept of gratitude to their foresight.
Standing on the battlefields is so different than simply looking at films or photo's.
A feeling comes over you as you look at the fields where brother,neighbor and friend fought against each other .If you are looking for your American roots I recommend you visit this park and town.
The bus tour is well worth the money and also the auto tour is great so you can take your time absorbing this place. We found everyone we
encountered there very gracious and friendly.If you are more savy than I am I have uploaded more pics that you can see.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Our area is seeped in Civil War battle memorials and I get that feeling too when I visit one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for viewing my blog. As soon as I have reviewed your comment I will post it to my blog.